Friday, November 26, 2010

thanksgiving

This is how we do it....a day late.  McWhorter family celebrated Thanksgiving today at Mimi & Poppy's house.  It was the first on the table dad built.  It's huge, beautiful, seats 12 comfortably, and is a work of art.  We have been the recipient of Dad's amazing handy work on many occasions so we are super grateful for this gift of his.






The lovely Lady of the House before lunch.

The Lady before the Iron Bowl.
Have I mentioned how much I love my mom?


This is my niece, Mattie.  She's a Pom-Shu, or when she's bad, a Shitaranian.  She is wearing a t-shirt Mimi & Poppy got on their latest trip to Auburn....it says I Eat Elephants.  She looked stunning and with this stunt, might officially be more of a football fan than her mom {my sister-in-law}, who slept on the couch for the bulk of the 3rd quarter.

Needless to say, both sets of McWhorters {Mimi & Poppy + Matt & Ayong} and one Twilley {Nana} were VERY happy with today's game.  My allegiances have fully shifted from my upbringing as a full-fledged Auburn Tiger to a proud Georgia Bulldawg.  Therefore, the Yoders were just happy to see the family happy.  I do hope they beat the stew out of South Carolina and the Ducks/Broncos/Horned Frogs, or whoever they might meet in the big game.

After many attempts, this is the best shot we got of the family in attendance today.  Not bad for a toddler and a dog, right?!

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, hands down.  It has as much family, food {we are the kind of family that eats the exact same thing at Thanksgiving and at Christmas, except this year}, and love as Christmas without all the shopping, gifts, and general consumerism nonsense.  Christmas is about Jesus, though.  But if you do it right, Thanksgiving is too.

I am thankful, for sure, but it worries me how hard it can be to make a list of things I'm thankful for.  I take a tremendous amount of things for granted I think and that's upsetting.  I cannot imagine my life without the grace of Jesus, the love of my husband, the life of my Henry-boy, and support of family and friends.  Oh how I'd love to be thankful all the time.....

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I miss your parents. They're hilarious. I want to see the table. I'm sure it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding!
    What is the lady of the house guzzling?
    And to echo Amber would like to see the table as well.

    (PS Where is the HP7 review)

    ReplyDelete