Friday, October 15, 2010

a morning redeemed

Sooooo bored today. This morning I was feeling totally uninspired and couldn't think of anything to do. All I could think of was going to PBKids and buying this precious $49 Halloween costume. This is not very practical for several reasons: 1) Did I mention it is $49? 2) It is cleary a hat-centric costume and who knows if he'd keep it on his head. 3) You'd almost HAVE to have the lion candy bucket, so tack that on. 4) It's $49.


In a moment of what turned out to be genius, I loaded up the squirm and we went up the road to the UMC to see the pumpkins. Our first trip of the season. And there it was....this glorious pumpkin. Isn't she lovely?


Henry and I were the only ones wandering around the pumpkins as I'm pretty sure they weren't even technically open. I had to leave with this pumpkin, but who would take my money? I asked a preschool teacher. We walked over to the church and wandered around the empty halls. Nobody. Did I steal this pumpkin? Technically, yes. BUT, I do intend on going back when they're open to pay.


{Quite possibly the smallest pumpkin I've ever seen. I did not steal this one, though it could have fit in my pocket.}

{My favorite thing at the patch for sure.}



P.S. In regards to the previous video post, yes, that is Chris' daddy voice. I think it's the best.

2 comments:

  1. Love that costume, although if he were my child I'd end up blowing the $49 and he'd refuse to wear the hat and nobody would know what the costume was. Grayson did that one year with a monkey costume and it was a disaster. :)

    Anyway, Whitt and I went to the local Methodist church here in Beaufort this morning for a little photo shoot (I'm hoping to get a chance this afternoon to post some pics) and we bought your pumpkin's twin! I am in LOVE!!!! I guess I've been in the dark, but I've never seen a gray pumpkin--and I'm obsessed. So obsessed that I can't stop looking at the one we bought and I really want to go back and get some more.

    Henry is such a cutie, and a little genius, too. Can he teach Whitt to spell his name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thief.

    Love the patch pics! You know how I feel about those. We are headed to Berry Patch Farms tonight for our annual outing. Remember when I borrowed your camera and took 300 pictures in one night. :) Good times...

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete