Friday, September 10, 2010

strange goings-on

There have been some strange goings-on in the night lately.

For starters, I have woken up at least 5 times in the last month with socks on my feet and absolutely no recollection of getting up and putting them on. I have accused Chris of setting his alarm, sneaking into my closet, carefully putting socks on my sleeping feet and then snickering himself back to sleep. He denies this and I guess I believe him.

I don't dream often {that I can remember}, but when I do there is a strange amount of detail. One night I dreamed that I was in a mall and there were "bad guys." We were defending ourselves with paintball guns. I had run out of ammunition so was desperately trying to find the person who was carrying our stash, in the dream this was one of Chris' co-workers. I woke up to me trying to get her attention by whispering, "I need more paintballs!" Another night I dreamed that I was in Williams-Sonoma and was purchasing these bowls. I already have a set of the larger bowls, but have been wanting the smaller ones and therefore this set. I might count this dream as prophetic and go get me some.


The other less-savory experience was that I think I was bit by a spider. I had a small spot on my ankle one morning and last night as Chris and I were getting in the bed, he picked up a small little spider that was by his pillow. Y.U.C.K. It has been at most 6 days since I've washed our sheets, so I'm going to assume that "these things just happen" and is not a reflection of my house-keeping skills.

Maybe equally as crumby is that I have been waking up for no reason in the 4 o'clock hour and not being able to go back to sleep for an hour or so. My eyes just pop open and suddenly my brain is flooded with everything I could be thinking about. Have you ever tried to not think about something - impossible. I'm telling myself, "stop thinking about that. you can deal with that tomorrow. just go to sleep. go............now." I've always thought the phrase "Going to sleep" is all wrong. You don't go to sleep - sleep comes to you. For any of you who have had issues with sleep, you know you can't make yourself go to sleep. You have to wait for that illusive little booger to come to you.

So, I'm hoping that the next few nights are full of sleep and void of socks and creepy-crawlers. Williams-Sonoma is okay.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Lindsey! I love your blog! Can't believe you attempted and successfully switched out the "switches"...I'm impressed!

    We really do need to walk! I can do any morning except Friday! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like just another night in the Harwell house...except Jason is the one with the weird vivid dreams, and I'm the one waking up WIDE-AWAKE at weird times.

    No sleep-socking though. That's a little bizarre-o! hee hee

    Love you...Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you pregnant?!?!

    Just kidding.

    You should take the vitamin Melatonin. Whit just discovered it because he can never fall asleep (and so then can never wake up in the morning). It helps him fall asleep and sleep well. AND (hallelujah) it has helped him to not snore as bad. It is a miracle vitamin : )

    ReplyDelete